The Labor Market is TIGHT!
If you are a small business or startup, hiring the right people is more challenging than it has ever been before.
Sharks In Heels – Hiring Sharks Edition
Watch the replay where Mishty Deb interviews Bri Crow about tips for businesses needing to hire and tips for employees that are looking to get hired. Bri Crow is a local HR and job placement expert with Human Dimensions (https://www.hirehd.co).
SHARKS IN HEELS GUEST
It is Bri Crow’s mission to be a Catalyst for Creative Connection for growth-focused companies and individuals.
As a multi-passionate professional and creative, her parent company Bri Crow & Co. includes a talent attraction & acquisition business, a creative services studio and a local media production.
Previously, Bri spent ten years in the technical staffing industry in recruiting and sales roles, and most recently was recruited to join a cybersecurity startup where she helped build it into a $10 million dollar business in two years.
She has been featured in Dallas Innovates, Voyage Dallas, and Dynamic Foundations Institute; published as a photographer in Forbes.com, Fort Worth Magazine and on the cover of an Amazon chart-topping book; as well as nominated for the North Texas Women in Technology Awards, and has received a “Succeed by Serving” award.
To learn more about Human Dimensions, Bri Crow Creative Studios, or Local & Thriving email firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with Bri on LinkedIn.
Watch the Replay
- 00:00 Introduction
- 03:10 How the Pandemic changed the way we work and how businesses manage their employees.
- 04:35 Things to consider and questions to ask candidates if hiring remote.
- 06:12 What's trending right now? Remote, office or hybrid?
- 08:42 What's the role of a recruiter?
- 12:21 Using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) vs a Recruiter.
- 13:57 How the job market tightening is affecting recruiting and talent acquisition.
- 17:53 What are essential questions employers can ask themselves before they post a job?
- 23:23 Tips in writing an enticing job description to attract the right candidate for the role.
- 28:32 Creative sites to post jobs on at no cost.
- 32:30 How can you compete with a big company for the same talent if you're a small company?
- 36:20 What services and workshops does Human Dimensions provide?
- 40:10 Interview questions to ask to hire the right candidate.
- 45:14 Recommended HR software and Fractional HR company.
- 46:34 Advice for making candidates feel comfortable.
- 49:10 Workable – resources for hiring.
- 49:40 How to line up jobs for when you graduate.
- 52:37 Creative ways to build your resume and portfolio as a student.
- 58:28 Wrapping Up